cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

WildFire 4.0 isn't creating MathCad generated parameters

MWorley
1-Newbie

WildFire 4.0 isn't creating MathCad generated parameters

I am having trouble getting ProE to create (or store) parameters generated by MathCad. I've created an analysis feature in a test part that sends parameter data to MathCad, uses it in some calculations, then sends back calculated output variables from MathCad. Everything looks to be working fine in the analysis feature--I hit compute and get correct answers, I can (and do) request parameters to be created, etc; however, when I finish creating the feature, ProE doesn't seem to actually create the parameters. (I.e. no feature parameters show up when I query Info->Feature or Edit->Parameters). I want to use the incoming data from MathCad in relations, but can't make any progress till I get ProE to actually create the MC parameters and store the data.

Any suggestions?

I am using ProE Wildfire 4.0 (build M140) and MathCad13. I jumped back to WF3.0 to see if it would work, but had same problem.

Thanks,

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MWorley)

Mike,

Parameters do not appear in the list because of discrepancy of units of measure (check up them for the vector of "F"). Unit of measure "N * mm" is not supported when transferring to Pro/E (for example, you can change the measurements to "Joel," and then the parameters will be set up). The list of supported units of measure can be found in the Help file (F1) Pro/E (chapter "Analysis Mathcad and element analysis of Mathcad").

I use versions: Mathcad 15 and Pro/E WF 5.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hello!

Can you attach files Mathcad and Pro/E?

P.S. Have you used the tags for data transmission ("proe2mc" and "mc2proe")?

Hello,

Attached is the ProE and MathCad that I'm using.

Thanks,

Mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Mike,

Parameters do not appear in the list because of discrepancy of units of measure (check up them for the vector of "F"). Unit of measure "N * mm" is not supported when transferring to Pro/E (for example, you can change the measurements to "Joel," and then the parameters will be set up). The list of supported units of measure can be found in the Help file (F1) Pro/E (chapter "Analysis Mathcad and element analysis of Mathcad").

I use versions: Mathcad 15 and Pro/E WF 5.

That worked. I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

No problem.

Top Tags