cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Wildfire5 M050 ---> Wildfire5 C000

CallBob
1-Newbie

Wildfire5 M050 ---> Wildfire5 C000

I recently sent several Wildfire5 build M050 part files to another user who is using Wildfire5 build C000 Preproduction. Since

they are both WF5 versions I assumed that he could open/use those files to complete some work - but the files would not

open in the preproduction build...

Has anybody else run into this issue?

Thanks much, Happy New Year!

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

maybe one of the PTC employees is able to answer. But why should other users work with C000 when M010 is available since Nov 2009 ? Is C000 more reliable ?

Happy New Year.

Gee, real harsh. Maybe they downloaded the prerelease just before their maintenance expired. I know mine expired at M050, but I'm not about to pay $6,000.00 just for the privilege to download for another year. Maybe next year, after Creo is at V2.

It was only a question to gain knowledge why someone uses a preproduction release instead of an official release (esp. without maintenance!).

To give a possible solution to the original question:

Maybe PTC changed the file format from C000 to M010 because it was only an alpha release. Normally you have C000...F000...M010. It would be wise to switch to a M010 at least.

Thanks guys for the help... But I assumed (and have been told over the years) that any files created in a version (in this case Wildfire 5) regardless of release # could be

opened by any other release within that version.

Is this correct?

Thks,

Bob

Top Tags