Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildfire5 M050 ---> Wildfire5 C000

Wildfire5 M050 ---> Wildfire5 C000

I recently sent several Wildfire5 build M050 part files to another user who is using Wildfire5 build C000 Preproduction. Since

they are both WF5 versions I assumed that he could open/use those files to complete some work - but the files would not

open in the preproduction build...

Has anybody else run into this issue?

Thanks much, Happy New Year!

Bob

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Wildfire5 M050 ---> Wildfire5 C000

Hello,

maybe one of the PTC employees is able to answer. But why should other users work with C000 when M010 is available since Nov 2009 ? Is C000 more reliable ?

Happy New Year.

Gee, real harsh. Maybe they downloaded the prerelease just before their maintenance expired. I know mine expired at M050, but I'm not about to pay $6,000.00 just for the privilege to download for another year. Maybe next year, after Creo is at V2.

It was only a question to gain knowledge why someone uses a preproduction release instead of an official release (esp. without maintenance!).

To give a possible solution to the original question:

Maybe PTC changed the file format from C000 to M010 because it was only an alpha release. Normally you have C000...F000...M010. It would be wise to switch to a M010 at least.

Thanks guys for the help... But I assumed (and have been told over the years) that any files created in a version (in this case Wildfire 5) regardless of release # could be

opened by any other release within that version.

Is this correct?

Thks,

Bob