cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Wow, here's something interesting....

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Wow, here's something interesting....

Ok, so, I'm doing some eLearning (don't really like it) to refresh myself on sheetmetal, and found something interesting: I thought that the green side was ALWAYS on on side or the other. Seems, somehow, I managed to make the green side on 2 different sides. HUH???? Anyone else ever see this?SHEETMETAL+ISSUE-01.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:saw)

Correct, it is unattached. You have 2 "distinct pieces "according to the dialog in the floating toolbar (Creo 2).

Once you Merge them, the second piece will switch the "green" side to the master selected. FYI: Merge still uses the old menu manager.

You created the second wall using extrude, and the green side was automatically the sketch profile. Not sure why the turoial drove you down this alley but normally you would create a Flat feature (next to flange).

I also noticed the use of a flange for the other bend. Again, a Flat here would suffice. Flanges are geared more towards cylinders. I learned this after a while too.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Oops, meant to include the actual file. I know it was what I did, but I'm surprised the software let me do it. No wonder it won't let me do an unbend......

It's an unattached wall.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:saw)

Correct, it is unattached. You have 2 "distinct pieces "according to the dialog in the floating toolbar (Creo 2).

Once you Merge them, the second piece will switch the "green" side to the master selected. FYI: Merge still uses the old menu manager.

You created the second wall using extrude, and the green side was automatically the sketch profile. Not sure why the turoial drove you down this alley but normally you would create a Flat feature (next to flange).

I also noticed the use of a flange for the other bend. Again, a Flat here would suffice. Flanges are geared more towards cylinders. I learned this after a while too.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The tutorial (pretty much worthless IMO) didn't take me here, I was playing around, how I REALLY learn Pro/E. I fixed it by switching the sketch and making the geometry entities the same side as the green side, and then figuring out how to "merge" them. Not very intuitive. But, now it's one solid piece. Weird that it would even let you do that, but I guess maybe so you can creat weird geometry as separate walls, and merge them at the end? Still trying to figure out the Corner relief thing....

The corner reliefs are a PITA! I can never get what I want when I want it. The best I've gotten so far is using the conversion from a normal part file. Even then, it is hit and miss.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Whew! I thought it was me. I can't get anything to show up. I thought they USED to work. I'd probably just put cuts in.

When you make your own reliefs using extrudes, it often keeps subsequent flat pattern feature from working.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Great.......is that another hidden "enhanced functionality"? Well, thanks for the warning brotha!

Top Tags