cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

box in sheetmetal

Redro
7-Bedrock

box in sheetmetal

Hello

i try to make this piece in scheetmetal and i don"t know how i close this box .

the box have two angle 13,8 and 120 degree.

i try to make with sketched flat but not is perfect solution

Please some sugestion

Tks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I cannot open your file. Probably Creo 3.0... but attached is a file with similar features.

Let me know if you need help on any specifics in how this was done.

complex_bends.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Redro
7-Bedrock
(To:Redro)

Untitled.png

Redro
7-Bedrock

Untitled1.jpg

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Two thoughts:

1. Add the wall as a too-large rectangle and trim it back with an extruded cut from the center of the part.
  2. Built the overall geometry as a solid, convert to sheetmetal by shell, add rip features to create gaps.

I'd probably use #2 if you've got time to start over.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

please others sugestion

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

These kinds of parts simply require perseverance... or a lot of math. I prefer to use the perseverance approach.

This geometry is certainly not impossible. My greatest hindrance in Creo sheetmetal is the lack of control at the reliefs. Although there is significant control available, it is not always what you want. This can become frustrating. Hence, the reason for perseverance. If you are prepared to accept this, you are already half way there.

I cannot open your file. Probably Creo 3.0... but attached is a file with similar features.

Let me know if you need help on any specifics in how this was done.

complex_bends.PNG

Top Tags