cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

can't pattern a chain properly because of curves

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

can't pattern a chain properly because of curves

Ive got a chain link set with a pitch of 9.525 mm. I'd like to pattern this around a closed loop sketch lthat represents two connected sprocket gears.

The closed sketch line has a total length divisable by 9.525, so the links should always form a niceley closed loop.

However when I pattern points (that represent the chain links) on the curve,  the distance between the points change (logically) where a straight line becomes curved.

So I end up with a chain that is not alligned properly.

Is there a way to pattern points on a curve with a fixed distance between the points??

(eg. the curve becomes a polyline with a set angle between the segments, something like that).

Document11.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags