cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

closed datum curve from ibl-file???

jaapkramer
1-Newbie

closed datum curve from ibl-file???

Hi, is it possible to create a closed datum curve with an ibl-file?? If I change the header from Open to Closed, the result stays an open curve Here's the contents of my ibl-file:
5808e22e50
Thanks! Regards, Jaap
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jaap, you can redefine (edit definition) the ibl file. Choose Edit -> File. Add now the second curve. Closed Index Arclength Begin section ! 1 Begin curve ! 1 1 1 3 0 2 3 4 0 3 5 8 0 4 7 19 0 5 9 40 0 6 11 100 0 Begin curve ! 2 1 1 3 0 2 11 100 0 Hope it helps Regards Jürgen

Hi, Thanks!! ...But that doesn't result in a tangent closed curve... I also tried switching the 2 last coordinates, but that doesn't help either Any more clues? Kind regards, Jaap

Hi Jaap, my first try was: 1. Create a pts file with following points 1 3 0 3 4 0 5 8 0 7 19 0 9 40 0 11 100 0 1 3 0 2. Create a datum curve->from file But the curve looks very awful. Regards, Jürgen

Jaap, It's an extra step, but if you import your points into a Datum Point Feature, then Sketch a Spline through the points, you can close it tangent and easily by picking the points in order and the first point a second time. David

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! The problem is that we have appr. 40 CAD users, both experienced and unexperienced; the curves we will be importing will often be complex, with hundreds of points... Kind regards, Jaap
Top Tags