cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

control of .cgm file insertion onto drawing...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

control of .cgm file insertion onto drawing...

I have a .cgm file of a drawing of a supplied/purchased part that I need to insert onto one of my formats as a "control drawing" of sorts. I've done this before, but cannot seem to remember how to control the location of the insert. I create the drawing with our format, then do an INSERT - SHARED DATA - FROM FILE andselect the .cgm file. It then asks me "drawing is smaller than format. Scale to fit format?" to which I reply NO. Then it asks "Move bottom left corner of drawing to screen origin?" to which I reply NO, and then it proceeds to plop the cgm data in the bottom left corner of the drawing!!! Is there a way to deal with this? It's not as simple as simply moving the data once it's in the bottom left corner because the cgm data comes in as individual vector/lines, so trying to select it all results in a "Cannot select more than 12000 items at once" error.

What I have done, is take this data to an EMPTY format, then draw a line off the bottom left corner approximating the "offset" I would like in our drawing, then SAVE AS another cgm file. THEN when I place this into my drawing, the line I drew, forces everything up and over a bit. I can then simply erase the line I drew... It's workable, but not very elegant, nor all that controlable... Seems like I ought to be to do something with EXPLICIT control... ???

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags