cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

cotation of threads

TomášHlavinka
1-Newbie

cotation of threads

hello,

Is there some way to replace those 3dimensions by just M8 automatically since those dimensions are useless for threads?

Výstřižek.PNG

Thnx

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Just erase or delete the extra dimensions and change the diameter symbol for the (dia)8 to "M" as in M8 in the dimension of the model. That's the easy way anyway.

If you do not typically detail the chamfers or specify them, they might be better left off. Every shop should know to deburr both ends of a thread like this. You can select to have chamfers these added or removed from the hole feature creation dialog.

But you will still have a dual dimension problem. In that case, you will probably need to do the @O and write in the M8 in the model dimension.

thnx for the answer....

I used to do that this way (M@o8), just surprised that there is no better way not to show all useless dimensions and show only M8 automatically.

It gets worse Try working with the preformated thread notes to meet your client's requirements.

I leave that kind of work up to the IT guys. Normally I am not bound that closely to rules about how I get information onto a drawing. Clients just want the information to be correct and easy to change on the fly.

And you don't have to echo on all those dimensions. You should be able to select only the ones you want to see.

Top Tags