cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

create exit curve

pesau-2
2-Guest

create exit curve

Hi all,

I require a help to create sweep using a helical curve and normal exit curve has shown in the figure .

I require support to create a exit curve which is tangent to the helical curve , so that I get very smooth sweep feature by combining these two curves

7 REPLIES 7
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:pesau-2)

Use spline curve in sketch

hi skvarka,

I also tried with spline but it didn't work , if feel the helical curve and exit curve should be tangent , but question is how can we draw tangent to helical curve

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

I dont know what you mean with exit and helical curve. There are tangent constrint in your image.

I have two curve one  is exit curve which is a straight line with radius and  the second is helical curve basically we need to combine these 2 curve to create a sweep feature.

creodential
5-Regular Member

I take it, that the helical curve is a 2D curve, too? In this case it should be sufficient to use the constraints as shown in the image

(use the end of the curve). You can also use centerlines to make sure that the constraints are correct.

If the helical curve is a 3D curve, a 2d exit curve won't work, because you'd need 3d tangency.

ScreenShot00436.png

ScreenShot00437.png

the helical curve is 3D

creodential
5-Regular Member

In that case, you'll have to create a 3D curve, there are many ways to create those.

For example, create points, and then create curves through points in 3d. Start with a point at the end of the helical curve and add a axis for a tangential reference.

Alternatively, extrude the exit curve to a surface and use this as project surface for a second sketched curve.

Or, take your exit curve and create a second one perpendicular to the first and tangent to the helical curve, then use Intersect.

It's hard to tell without knowing the runout geometry of the helical curve.

Top Tags