cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

creating a harness

CC_9271141
4-Participant

creating a harness

I am trying to create a harness model in Creo 4.0. The issue I am having is that I cannot select the harness option when creating a new part. I just updated my license, so that should be fine. It seems like the only way to create a harness is though the part selection. Attached is a picture of what I am seeing. This does not seem to be an issue other people are having. Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

@CC_9271141 wrote:

I am trying to create a harness model in Creo 4.0. The issue I am having is that I cannot select the harness option when creating a new part. I just updated my license, so that should be fine. It seems like the only way to create a harness is though the part selection. Attached is a picture of what I am seeing. This does not seem to be an issue other people are having. Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi,

please read http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/electrical_design/cable/About_Creating_Harnesses.html document carefully.

Martin Hanák
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:CC_9271141)

Yeah, a harness part can only be created inside of an assembly. You can never create it (nor open it) as a separate part. It shouldn't really be listed in that dialog.

Top Tags