cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

creating a "coating" part from an existing part.

Sadrok
6-Contributor

creating a "coating" part from an existing part.

I have a sheet metal sub-assembly that I need to create a .030' coating part from. It's so that I can create a drawing of the uncoated sub-assembly and then in the main assembly add the "coating" to be able to replicate the finished part. I tried to use the remove function, but that removes the portion that touches the plain sub-assembly but the opposite side is untouched. It's almost like I need to be able to select the plain sub-assembly and create an offset of .030'

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Sadrok)

In the context of the assembly you can create a new part, copy/paste the desired surfaces that are visible in the assembly to the new part, and then, in the new part, use those surfaces to create a solid representation.

See http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_nine_sub%2FAbout_the_Thicken_Feature.html for help in making the conversion.

Sadrok
6-Contributor
(To:dschenken)

I attempted to copy and paste and, unless I'm not doing it wrong, I couldn't select more than one surface at a time.

If that's the case, it's way to tedious.

Top Tags