cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

creo 2 sweep problem

ahuderek
1-Newbie

creo 2 sweep problem

Hi guys I'm trying to sweep pipe in trajectory like in the picture but I't doesn't work. It shows: "Select any number of chains as trajectories to drag."
Idk what to do, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Imake a trajectory  like in yt tourial Pipe using intersection in Creo 2.0 - YouTube but it doesnt work. Can someone help me with that?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ahuderek)

Appears you have a couple of sharp bend in your trajectory.  The trajectory need to be tangent through out.  A small radius will also cause problems with larger diameter pipes.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

actually i cannot sketch any type of pipe...

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I assume you are trying for this:

pipe.JPG
Have you clicked on the sketch icon and created the cross section?  botton.JPG

yep but It doesn't work. I did this in that way: I sketch one side on FRONT and extrude drawing with sufrace to my dimension and then sketch letter U on the TOP and then I clicked intersect. But the better way to do that was your way. Devide pipe in a half . Do like guy in a movie and then simply make mirror. Thanks a lot Kevin for your help

you must first give sufficient radius in the sketch to make the sweep, otherwise you will not sweep you need (being a tube you want to perform).

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I now see your problem.  You are following a tutorial for a varied cross section and have selected the button for that.  You need to create a constant cross section by selecting the other button.

Capture.JPG
It should extrude for you, but will have a sharp corner with the sharp bend in your sketch.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

A sharp bend will extrude, but a radius smaller than the external radius of the cross section will not.

Top Tags