cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

cross hatching

ptc-807122
2-Guest

cross hatching

How do you update cross hatching from model on an existing view in a drawing besides removing cross section from view and redoing it?  It seems that if I modify the cross hatching on the model it should update in the drawing view.

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-807122)

Please advise the product name.

Thanks.

--Sharon

Creo 5.0

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-807122)

I don't think you can.  If you turn off the cross section on the drawing view, exit view properties, re-enter view properties, and then re-enable the cross section, the cross hatching will once again reflect the model.

It does seem odd to me that they don't stay in sync.  Seems like there should be functionality similar to how layers are handled for view (independent or dependent.)

@ptc-807122 wrote:

How do you update cross hatching from model on an existing view in a drawing besides removing cross section from view and redoing it?  It seems that if I modify the cross hatching on the model it should update in the drawing view.

Hi,

AFAIK cross hatching displayed in drawing view is not permanently linked to cross hatching defined in model. Therefore you cannot "update" cross hatching displayed in drawing when cross hatching defined in model is changed.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags