cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

different feature with blend option?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

different feature with blend option?

the blend just below is done in creo parametric 2.0 and the one below that is in pro/engineer wildfire 4.0...exactly with the same option , but very different feature? how? and ellipse and a circle has been used...

blend_creo_2.jpgblend_proe.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I'm going to guess the Creo 2.0 version has a twist in it. Could also be the "normal" start condition is not choosen and it used the "free" ends.

they result is same with the smooth and staright option in creo 2.0..but when i divide the two sketches i get the desired result as in pro engineer wildfire 4.0

I just made one similar to your. And yes, by default, if the ellipse is "vertical" in the second section, it creates a twist. When I divided the circle, now the sides are "straight" (no depression). You can use the "divide" command in the sketch of the circle to help control the start points for the blend.

blend_twist.JPG

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yep, blends are sensitive to the start points being where you want them. On a swept blend, you have the option of rotating from one section to another.

Top Tags