cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

drawing table

jimboshieldo
1-Newbie

drawing table

I am losing it. I am trying to make a drawing table, driven from a part family table. This should be simple. Create a table, add repeat regions, update table,.... Add report Param, (fam, ins, param, id)

The help menusI have been followingdon't seem to help. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Jim Shields

DRS Technologies

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The .pdf instructions for creating a 2D repeat region can be a bit of trouble -- or at least they were for me the first few times.

I noticed one issue some time in the past with the initial table you place on the drawing prior to making the 2d repeat region.

When you first make your table, make sure the rows are 2 characters tall, rather than 1. I'm not sure if that corrected itself in newer versions, but as recent as WF4 a 2D repeat region would not work if the table was created with rows 1 character tall.

If I can find a suitable family table, I'll test it out the sequence for this type of table and do a quick pick-by-pick post.

Please find attached a video and table file of interest.

Regards

Iain

Well, it was a little easier to find one (and the time) than I thought it would be. Here is a quick and dirty version of creating 2D repeat region that reads from a family table.

1. Create a new table two columns wide and two rows tall. (The "two character's tall" issue I mentioned previously apparently doesn't exist. Must have beena figment of my imagination!)

2. Pick Table > Repeat Region > Add > Two-D

3. Pick the upper right cell of your table.

4. Pick the lower left cell of your table.

5. Pick the lower right cell of your table.

6. Pick OK and Done

7. Double click the upper right cell and pick fam.inst.param.name

8. Double click the lower left cell and pick fam.inst.name

9. Double click the lower right cell and pick fam.inst.param.value

10. Pick Table > Repeat Region > Update Tables

That should be it.

Top Tags