cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

ptc-2669094
1-Newbie

edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

I hope someone can help me out...I just loaded pro-e wilfire 2.0 on a new computer, the problem is the edges and datum planes will not highlight as i move my mouse pointer over them..this makes it very difficult for me to pick on them to add a feature or even to use them as a ref. point.. does anyone have any ideas???
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
14 REPLIES 14

Check your prehighlight setting in the config.pro.

I checked the prehighlight setting, i set it to yes but still not getting anything to highlight..

Try picking different filters on the right hand bottom of the graphic window Smart, Features, Geometry, Datums, Quilts..... Rick

I've tried that also and still getting nothing to highlight...I'm at a complete loss, i have no idea...

I have the same issue on my laptop with intel graphics - but highlighting works fine on my desktop with a nvidia 8800gt - what graphics card are you using?

note sure what graphic card i'm using.. I have pro-e installed on a standard sony vaio laptop.. everything worked great when it was installed on my desktop..

Well, that's probably the problem then, a laptop with a nvidia or ati graphics card would probably work, but most non-gaming laptops have intel graphics, which is not supported by ptc. You can use the program gpu-z (http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/) to give you information on your graphics card. Also, do you have a issue when creating dimensions that the created dimension doesn't display until you move the view or zoom in or out? Jordan

Pro/e will work best on the most powerful computer you can afford, mine is starting to slow down as the projects get more complicated, I have a middle of the line lap top with two gigs of ram. Going to have to upgrade to a mega monster lap top in a year or so.

yes, dimensioning is a problem also.. i think i just need to get a stronger laptop and go from there.. thanks for all the help!!

Jordan 1203117 Thoms Well, that's probably the problem then, a laptop with a nvidia or ati graphics card would probably work, but most non-gaming laptops have intel graphics, which is not supported by ptc. --------------------------------------------------- Thanx for sharing, that's the kind of info I'm going to need when I upgrade, I have an Intel card, and there are a few quirks, not bad, but could be better. I found I can go to 4 gigs of rem, I'll do that for now. I can't grab drag handles, and a few other things, which can be frustrating.

I just built my dream computer on the internet for, $2,750 ........sure, like that's 5x the cost of the one I have now.

That's a little cheap - my dream alienware desktop comes to 8000 USD.... 2x GTX 295 Yeah, looking at the pro/e support docs at http://www.ptc.com/support/proengineer.htm , it's mostly nvidia quadro or ati firegl cards that are supported, but my 8800GT (geforce) works well also - It's pretty similar to the quadro's just not as fast for opengl.

This has been a great thread, PTC has certified work stations, I had no clue about this, I could have bought the wrong computer. Rick

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/workstation-precision-m6400-cov?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd By the time you get done upgrading this bad boy you're up to 4 g's, I guess these 64 bit OS are the way to go, because you can use more than 4 gigs of mem, I learned all this yesterday going through the PTC specs. Thnx, going to be very helpful if I get another computer.
Top Tags