cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

I hope someone can help me out...I just loaded pro-e wilfire 2.0 on a new computer, the problem is the edges and datum planes will not highlight as i move my mouse pointer over them..this makes it very difficult for me to pick on them to add a feature or even to use them as a ref. point.. does anyone have any ideas???
14 REPLIES 14

RE: edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

Check your prehighlight setting in the config.pro.

RE: edges will not highlight for me to pick on???

I checked the prehighlight setting, i set it to yes but still not getting anything to highlight..

Frilters

Try picking different filters on the right hand bottom of the graphic window Smart, Features, Geometry, Datums, Quilts..... Rick

RE: Frilters

I've tried that also and still getting nothing to highlight...I'm at a complete loss, i have no idea...

I have the same issue on my laptop with intel graphics - but highlighting works fine on my desktop with a nvidia 8800gt - what graphics card are you using?

note sure what graphic card i'm using.. I have pro-e installed on a standard sony vaio laptop.. everything worked great when it was installed on my desktop..

Well, that's probably the problem then, a laptop with a nvidia or ati graphics card would probably work, but most non-gaming laptops have intel graphics, which is not supported by ptc. You can use the program gpu-z (http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/) to give you information on your graphics card. Also, do you have a issue when creating dimensions that the created dimension doesn't display until you move the view or zoom in or out? Jordan

Pro/e will work best on the most powerful computer you can afford, mine is starting to slow down as the projects get more complicated, I have a middle of the line lap top with two gigs of ram. Going to have to upgrade to a mega monster lap top in a year or so.

yes, dimensioning is a problem also.. i think i just need to get a stronger laptop and go from there.. thanks for all the help!!
Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!