cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

extract material properties

sr-4
1-Newbie

extract material properties

Problem in Proe.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sr-4
1-Newbie
(To:psobejko)

Hi

Thank you so much . It is working Perfectly 100%

Thanks a lot

Srini

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:sr-4)

Hi,

you can:

• create auxiliary drawing containing with your assembly set as drawing model
  • create table with repeat region in the drawing
  • 1st column ... &asm.mbr.name
  • 2nd column ... &asm.mbr.ptc_material.PTC_MATERIAL_NAME
  • select the table and save it as csv file
  • change csv file name extension to txt
  • open txt file in Excel and save it as xls file

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Thank you so much for your Reply.

I am really looking to generate an text file or CSV file from  Creo  without going into the drawing information.

Say  I have 20 parts in my active window under one assembly with the tree window on left side.

I am looking a script or procedure to generate a txt or csv file t have part number in forst colum and material properties in the second coulmn.

The reason I am asking this question is used use for my simulation using external solvers.

Thank you

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can also configure Model Tree to show PTC_MATERIAL_NAME parameter in its column and use Save Model Tree command.

MH

Martin Hanák
psobejko
12-Amethyst

Also, you can set it up so that the BOM shows the material information of the components:

create a text file somewhere on your hard-disk called, for example, my_bom_format.txt with these contents:

.summary

==========================================================================================================================

Summary for %$type %$name

==========================================================================================================================

.titles Name; Material

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.row %$name[-40s]; , %PTC_MATERIAL_NAME[-30s]

(the $name is a special identifier that lists the name of the component, the % delimits a column, [-40s] is a format specifier)

other options available, search these forums and the internet for good tips.

reconfigure the config.pro option to point to this file:

bom_format C:\my_path\my_bom_format.txt

Then use the assembly tool "Bill of Materials" to generate the table.  A text file named after your assembly with .bom.x extension will be generated in your working directory everytime you use the tool (x will be the incremented).

sr-4
1-Newbie
(To:psobejko)

Hi

Thank you so much . It is working Perfectly 100%

Thanks a lot

Srini

Top Tags