cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

family tables +modelchek & windchill = FAIL

didriek
6-Contributor

family tables +modelchek & windchill = FAIL

Recently the modelcheck has been introduced here....

No problem, except for family tables parts, however, we found a way to ckeck them in, all in once without having them all in memory befor doing a modelcheck

(a mapkey...)

Then, modelcheck was doing difficult when checking in:

you can do a modelcheck on toplevel (but then only the top level is checked)

or all levels (but then all parts are modified, only due to the modelcheck while you only want to change the parts you're working on)

or selceted, but while working I work and I'm not busy keeping up what parts I'm working on. I normally know what I'm doing so untouched parts should remain untouched

But not with the modelcheck, it happily changes parts for you.

So what we do now is the following:

Save your topassy

Go to you workspace and update all unwanted modified stuff, check out what is modified and should have been checked out and..... all the rest LOCK

Now you're able to de a modelcheck from top to bottom and check in your modified parts because they all will be modelchecked and since the rest is locked you don't have issue's! finally

Yes, then you are constanly bothered by locked parts you need to unlock before you can contunue, well, getting used that you spend more time in Windchill than modeling in Creo. I'm chekcing in from Creo now, the less I need to be in Windchill the better....

Now we got an Creo update (Creo 2 M050) and now it seems that I constanly can not save my workspace.

Is it Creo or windchill, but it seems like that family tables constantly need to be verified and so, even untouched or instances that are not in session of generics you did not change...?? Dunno, I get a feeling that I only need to look at a generic or part and it seems to be modified. Locking them does not help, because being on read only your assy doesn't want to save....

Only if you use 'continue' in your conflict window it does save, BUT for the modelcheck my worspace is all locked so that option I don't have...

Anyone with the same issues and other sollutions???? Solutions thet reduce the time you need to be busy with windchill

SOLLUTION

unlock all and save

lock all so you can do a modelcheck

and check in

But at this moment I only been able to save, modelcheck I'm going to try because this saves again too

I wonder if I will be able to check in

WHAT A MESS, it used to be 1 hour Intralink and 7 hours designing in WIldfire on a normal day, now it is like 4 hour designing in Creo and 4 hours windchill

buggs buggs ???? seems like, or just crap software that is not mature???

Oh yes, and about opening drawings where all notes and dimensions dissapear, GREAT, but about that I better make an other topic... pfffff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:didriek)

I feel your pain......truly. I've been saying the same thing for a couple years now......

didriek
6-Contributor
(To:Patriot_1776)

haha, reading back my post... in full frustration mode

was typing while busy saving/updating

Top Tags