cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

filters in repeat regions

thlavinka
1-Newbie

filters in repeat regions

Hello,

Is it possible to make a rule (in repeat region) that filters whole subassemblies (including all parts) according ptc_common_name of the subassembly?

thanks in advance.

T.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:thlavinka)

I would give the subassemblies a ptc_common_name value of something like "filter_me"

then create a filter rule that is asm.mbr.ptc_common_name != *filter_me*

does this sound like somthing that might work for your application?

if not i have a couple more things you could do but they are just a little more in depth.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

are the other things in your region parts or are they all subassemblies?

THERE ARE ALSO PARTS IN THE REGION

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

I would give the subassemblies a ptc_common_name value of something like "filter_me"

then create a filter rule that is asm.mbr.ptc_common_name != *filter_me*

does this sound like somthing that might work for your application?

if not i have a couple more things you could do but they are just a little more in depth.

ok, but will all parts belonging that subassembly be filtered too?

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

only if they share that same ptc_common_name

ok, thanks

Top Tags