cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

find old pre-wildfire features

ClearBlueSky85
3-Visitor

find old pre-wildfire features

I am trying to find old features that were created using very old versions of Pro/ENGINEER. I do not know which version they were created with, although I think they are very old, maybe pre-Wildfire version 20, 2000i, or 2001.  I have seen models in our database as old as 1998.  When you go to edit these features, the usually the old Menu Manager pops up. 

proe_old_features.png

If I go to the Reference Viewer and get info on the reference, it says that the entity type is a surface:

Referenced Feature: Pipe id 65

Referenced Entity Id: 66

Referenced Entity Type: Surface

I cannot use the find tool to search for the name.  If I search for *PIPE* these types of features are not found.  Note that when trying to rename these features in a new version of Creo, it doesn't allow spaces in the feature name, so maybe that has something to do with why the old feature names are not found when searching.

I am trying to build a simplified rep that can query or search for these types of features and then exclude those models.  For example I want to create a simplified rep that does not have any of these old piping features.

We have a lot of old historical models, and It would not be easy to go through and search by name.  As a work around, I think that I can filter or find by what layers the features are contained in, such as with some of the models the old pipe features are in the "PIPE_CL" layer.  However I am not sure that all of the old models have this layer.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags