cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

flexible modeling Creo1 & Drawing dimensions not updating

davehaigh
11-Garnet

flexible modeling Creo1 & Drawing dimensions not updating

I received this powerpoint from one of our sister plants. ( not sure where they got it.)

Has anyone run into this?

Have you opened a call with PTC on the issue?

Did they issue a SPR on this?

Is it fixed?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Uh...oh, Wilbur!

We had a webinar of Direct about 3 months ago and this was one of the questions we had as we left the meeting room. Logically this all makes sense. By using Direct manipulation you are "creating" new references (ID's)with the resulting geometry that the original dimension still "sees". If you have ever used a Warp feature you understand what Direct is doing.

Agreed...this is a huge potential time bomb. Proceed with caution.

sorry....I fat fingered the keyboard in one of my sentences that I need to clarify. It should have read....

By using Direct manipulation you are "creating" new references (ID's)with the resulting geometry howeverthe originaldimension still "sees" the original geometry. It's a cross between a lost reference and a modified dimension that shows up unregenerated.

Hope that clears it up.

In Reply to Dean Long:

Uh...oh, Wilbur!

We had a webinar of Direct about 3 months ago and this was one of the questions we had as we left the meeting room. Logically this all makes sense. By using Direct manipulation you are "creating" new references (ID's)with the resulting geometry that the original dimension still "sees". If you have ever used a Warp feature you understand what Direct is doing.

Agreed...this is a huge potential time bomb. Proceed with caution.

Hi all,

Not long ago I inquired about the commandments of ProE doc that's been floating around for a while. I got many responses which included the commandments doc along with 4 or 5 others like it.
I've combined everything into one doc and tailored for use in our company. I've attached a copy here for anyone who may be interested (we're regrettably still on WF2, so there may be more current material to add/delete).

Although it may not apply to everyone, and there may be disagreement on a number of things, feel free to use it, modify it, delete it or trash it. It's mostly the same stuff just organized a bit.
The title is the same as one of the docs I received.

Stefan

Stefan,

Nicely done, and thanks for sharing with everyone!!

-marc

ryang
7-Bedrock
(To:davehaigh)

David,

As the author of that Powerpoint, I am glad to see that it is making its way around. PTC is aware of this issue at the highest levels. No SPR has been issued because it appears that they do not see it as a bug, but more as an enhancment request. Last I heard, there are no plans to resolve this in Creo 2.0 either.

In Reply to David Haigh:

I received this powerpoint from one of our sister plants. ( not sure where they got it.)

Has anyone run into this?

Have you opened a call with PTC on the issue?

Did they issue a SPR on this?

Is it fixed?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

TE Connectivity, Global Engineering Services

IT Engineering Analyst, CAD/CAM Applications

M.S. 161-043

P.O. Box 3608