Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in combining parameters for drawing format

help in combining parameters for drawing format

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to combine three parameters (ie &dwg_title1, &dwg_title2, &dwg_title3) into a parameter &dwg_title driven by the three above parameters? Thanks in advance, Kathy
8 REPLIES 8

Re: help in combining parameters for drawing format

In drawing template table select a cell, then write as follows one below the other: &dwg_title1 &dwg_title2 &dwg_title3 Remember all these should be written in a single cell one below the other. Regards Deepak

"Kathy Richardson" wrote:

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to combine three parameters (ie &dwg_title1, &dwg_title2, &dwg_title3) into a parameter &dwg_title driven by the three above parameters? Thanks in advance, Kathy

Re: help in combining parameters for drawing format

Kathy create a string parameter called dwg_title in you model. Add the relation: dwg_title=dwg_title1+dwg_title2+dwg_title3 In your drawing add the note &dwg_title

Thanks

Hugo, That was what I was looking for! Now, can you tell me how to add spaces between the three parameters? Example: dwg_title1 = ‘KLR’ dwg_title2 = ‘test’ dwg_title3 = ‘part’ dwg_title=dwg_title1+dwg_title2+dwg_title3 = ‘KLRtestpart’ Thanks again, Kathy

RE: Thanks

dwg_title=dwg_title1+" "+dwg_title2+" "+dwg_title3 = ‘KLR test part’

Combining parameters string and real number

Hello, I was looking for some like that but combining string and real number. Sample: HEIGHT = 2 WIDE = 3 LENGTH = 4 need to report in a cell: 3W X 4L X 2W any idea? regards

RE: Combining parameters string and real number

Use the itos (integer to string) function to convert an integer value to string. Example: my_string_param=itos(WIDE)+"W X "+itos(LENGTH)+"L X "+itos(HEIGHT)+"W"

that works fine! Thanks a lot. by the way consult http://www.ptc.com/cs/tpi/108947.htm for convert real numbers to strings

Humerto I have seen this article before and it still amazes me that PTC cant provide a real-to-string (rtos) function in Pro/Engineer. Instead we need to rely on a crappy workaround like this. Hugo
Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!