cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

hiding only a feature in a simple rep

ks-7
2-Guest

hiding only a feature in a simple rep

Hi,

Can we  hide only a feature, eg ( a revolved hole in an exploded view in a shaft in an new representation.)

because  in simple rep it allows only part not feature.

plz help me

Regards

Kabilan S

6 REPLIES 6
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ks-7)

You can create a simplified rep in the part and then substitute that part rep in the assembly simplified rep.

BJP
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:dschenken)

Is it possible to supress a feature that is created in an assembly?

For example: two plates with a hole will be aligned and welded together. In the assembly a new hole feature is created because the hole will be drilled with a larger diameter after welding.

I would like to export a simplified rep of the assembly containing only these two plates with only the original holes and not the larger hole that was created in the assembly.

It seems Im not able to suppress features of an assembly simplified rep.

Any suggestions other than supressing the hole in the assembly?

ptc-1309896
3-Visitor
(To:BJP)

Hi,

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm trying to do a similar thing.

BJP
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:ptc-1309896)

nop,

just like most annoying things in Creo.. Im not sure what the PTC software engineers  do all all day but its definately not scanning forum messages..

ptc-1309896
3-Visitor

That's a shame, but thanks for the reply.

pausob
18-Opal

Yes, it does seem that PTC staff participation has dropped in these forums.

Anyway, perhaps they can see better if you submit an product enhancement idea?  Creo-Parametric-Ideas 

For the issue at hand, can you work-around by making simplified reps for the parts with holes so they have the assembly cut feature suppressed.  (this might require to adjust the assembly cut feature so that the results are visible at part level)

Then make an assembly simplified rep and in it set the drilled parts as user-defined reps.

Top Tags