cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

how do I enter the density of a part?

nrollins
1-Newbie

how do I enter the density of a part?

This is ridiculous. I have been using Pro/E for ~18 years and recently moved to Creo2. I cannot find how to enter the density of a model. I even used the PTC help - which you need maintenance to access. I have maintenance, and can access it - it still infuriates me that PTC does that. And where did my $1800 go? I expect that I should be able to find the answer to my very simple question given the cost for help. No, I came up completely empty. This is the first time I've seen Creo Help. It is the worst I have ever seen.

Anyway, hopefully you all are knowlegable and generous with your knowledge. Can you tell me how to assign specific gravity to a part?

Thanks - and sorry for the rant.

-Nate

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

File>Prepare>Model Properties

Prepare? Not very intuitive, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

File>Prepare>Model Properties

Prepare? Not very intuitive, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:nrollins)

Yes, this was a tricky one to find when I made the switch.

File, Prepare, Model Properties, pick change under Mass Properties.

<or>

Analysis Tab, Mass Properties button.

When in doubt, I alway use the command finder in the upper right corner. I have a lot of old school Pro/ENGINEER in my head and it helps convert that to Creo.

nrollins
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Hi Scott,

Thnaks for the tip - I also like the command finder - but for this one it doesn't work. I tried density, specific gravity, mass properties (of course the suggestions end after the first few letters....) I got zero hits.

At first (before typing my request and even after you suggested it) I did not see that I could enter a new density. This is by far easier than "preparing my model"

Thanks again...

-Nate

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:nrollins)

@Nathan, I can relate. Not to stir you up or anything, but another interesting one you might encounter is the old "Audit Trail" for a part. What used to be Info>Audit Trail is now Tools>Investigate>File History.

Even more entertaining is that when you show "File History", the top of the window says "Modification History".

Unfortunately, the command finder doesn't remember the old school Audit Trail.

nrollins
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

OOOhhh - I don't need to be stirred up.

Here's a tip:

in the command search field (the place where you type the command you're searching for to the left of the magnifying glass) RMB and pick SETUP - there you can tell it to search the help files and match commands that "contain" the typed string rather than "start with"...

There's also a "SolidWorks" mapper in builds ~m100 and above - but I have not been able to make that work - not that I need it... I just presented on that at the Global event and wanted to show it.

Hope that is usefiul...

-Nate

Top Tags