cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

how do i connect a spline, arc and line on the right datum plane to a sketch on the top datum plane?

lstahl
1-Newbie

how do i connect a spline, arc and line on the right datum plane to a sketch on the top datum plane?

How do I connect a spline, arc or line on the right datum plane to sketch on the top plane to make a sweep using trajectory?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:lstahl)

This is one way:

Fillet between non planar splines or sketch lines

Another way is to create a sketch on a plane that is normal to top plane and that goes through the endpoints of the two sketches.  This sketch would connect the previous two sketches - but it might be harder to get the tangency constraints to work.

In any case, afterwards, it is a matter of selecting all the pieces of your sweep trajectory using the CTRL button...

I HAVE ATTACHED A DRAWING HOW WOULD I SWEEP THOSE 2 SKETCHES USING A SPLINE ON ONE END AND A LINE ON THE OTHER END AS A TRAJECTORIES.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:lstahl)

For the problem of connecting your spline on on the right hand side to the top rectangular sketch:

sweep_multi_trajectory_spline_problem.png

Shown in blue is a surface generated by using a sweep with multiple chains that define how the vertices of sketched section move along the straight trajectory:

sweep_multi_trajectory.png

The sweep trajectories and sweep cross-section are as follows:

sweep_multi_trajectory - feature definition.png

Not what you're after, I think, but maybe you can get there.

I think this kind of thing would be easier to generate as a loft type feature found in Solidworks, Rhino or Blender.

But with Creo and its sweep, you have to be quite exact in how you are specifying everything.

Top Tags