cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to identify origin of a drawing

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

how to identify origin of a drawing

how to identify origin of a drawing?

5 REPLIES 5

Most drawings in Creo have the origin in the lower left corner.

Are you trying to do it with toolkit or something else?

You should specify what version of Creo you are using along with a better question that explains what you need.

Let me make it more clear...

I am having Creo 4.0 M030... No, I am not looking for drawing origin through code of toolkit... I am concerned about how to check origin of drawing? What is meant by most of drawing have lower left corner as origin.. ? I thought only lower left is origin.. but I was looking for origin coordinates... Does it be other than zero,zero for lower left corner?

My concern is that our toolkit code works fine for dimension placement for one template specifically.. if I just change template to default one of creo, everything is misplaced by code... So, can origin be negative point? How to verify the same...? Is there something which makes template different for same size of templates ?

Is there a different way to define origin of a drawing ? Can we have non zero coordinates for origin of drawing template?

Is there a way to identify the coordinates of starting point and can it be somewhere else rather than lower left corner? Or it's not at all in users choice but it is predefined only by Creo ?

@Ketan_Lalcheta I think there is no option or choice available for users to define the origin for drawing. If you will create a line in drawing, use Absolute coordinates 0, 0 you will get location for line. 

You might check the draft grid origin.  You can specify different locations for it.  For example, you could set the top-right corner of the drawing to be 0,0.  I'm not sure how the draft origin interacts with the drawing template.  But I do know template views can be moved using absolute coordinates defined by the draft grid origin.

Top Tags