Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to improve 3D modeling of circle

how to improve 3D modeling of circle

Hi,

I find out that going fron a circle in 2D to 3D structure the arc definition is not really good. Do i need to use the Spline tool to rebuild the entire circle or there is another way.

PS: sorry for my english, i am french.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Re: how to improve 3D modeling of circle

If you sketched with the circle command in the Sketcher and revolve it, it's a circle, it sounds like you might be seeing display quality? Can you post a picture?

cercle.bmpyes

This is due to the conversion from a precise surface definition, which Pro/E maintains, to a faceted representation which the computer graphics card displays. Sometimes just regenerating the model when zoomed up will cause a smoother representation to be made. This will happen even with the spline tool. It doesn't affect the actual smoothness of the surface - a CNC program would make a very smooth curve based on the Pro/E data.

Aniway i found a "combine" trick in french. I used "Modeling - Splines - Canonical Curve" i took my quite a long time, is not prefect, but it's good enough for me.

But it would be nice to have a quicker solution. May be it is because a use miliméter resolution for a raduis of 57 mm.

thanks.

If you haven't already, it might also help if you set edge display quality to "very high" assuming your hardware has the resources to handle it. (Creo 2.0)

edge_display_quality.jpg

I do not find this options in créo elements/direct modeling 4.0. I have missed something. But i got a free version to prototype an 3D impression.

Bur by the way, Créo is very easy to use, it is a good sooftware. he took me a week to get use to, it is so logical. Great conception "BRAVO"

Adjust the Facets in the part properties dialog.

The other answers you recieved relate to Creo Parametic.

This question really belongs in one of the areas shown below.

2014-04-18_14-41-33.bmp

2014-04-18_14-44-50.bmp

ITS ONLY A GRAPHICS DISPLAY ISSUE,Eric Terrell HAS EXACTLY ANSWERED THIS QUESTION,SETTING EDGE DISPLAY QUALITY TO VERY HIGH AND USING MORE POWERFULL GRAPHICS CARD COULD BE MORE BETTER.