cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to open creo 2.0 file in wildfire 4.0?

anandan
1-Newbie

how to open creo 2.0 file in wildfire 4.0?

How could I open or edit a prt file made in creo 2.0 in wildfire 4.0?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:anandan)

You need the GCRI (Granite Cross Release Interoperability) plug in:

http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/free-download.htm

It allows you to open models from up to 3 releases newer in an older release. There are limitations and the model isn't fully editable as native in the older release. I'm not 100% sure about all the limitations, but you can open it and at least edit it like you would any other import.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

You need the GCRI (Granite Cross Release Interoperability) plug in:

http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/free-download.htm

It allows you to open models from up to 3 releases newer in an older release. There are limitations and the model isn't fully editable as native in the older release. I'm not 100% sure about all the limitations, but you can open it and at least edit it like you would any other import.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi - I have same problem and I have found this information: GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER - PTC.com

>> results: it is working for me.

Regards,

Vladimir

Note: source data you can find in creo2 - creoloadpoint\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M130\x86e_win64\gcri\readnewermodels.dll

place this file into - ProE WF4 - proeloadpoint\x86e_win64\obj\

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Atul,

There is an existing discussion, this may give you some information.

Re: Saving Part File from Creo 2.0 to Pro/E 4.0

Top Tags