cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to show tolerance on drawing with letters instead of a nominal value

TomášHlavinka
1-Newbie

how to show tolerance on drawing with letters instead of a nominal value

Hello,

need help with showing a tolerance value at dimensions with letters displayed instead of a nominal value.

V%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek.PNG

thnx for help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The easiest way is to add a driven dimension in the drawing (add dimension) and set the tolerance and use the Tolerance Only option in the Dim Properties and prefixing the alpha character.

But there has to be an easier way.

Which method did you use, Blue?

tol_on_dim1.PNG

tol_on_dim2.PNG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Just like this?23.jpg

yes, like this...

Is there certain letter that you are going to be putting in the dimension (i.e. parameter names) or are you just going to assign them on the fly?

If is is parameters:

(in the dimension text) &O (letter o for owning the dimension - and cancelling the actual dimension), space, &parameter_name

&O &parameter_name1

else:

(in the dimension text) &O, space, A (letter you want in the dimension)

&O A

Then set the tolerance in the tolerance box, or type it after either of the strings above.

&O &parameter_name1 +/-.005

Thanks, Dale

The easiest way is to add a driven dimension in the drawing (add dimension) and set the tolerance and use the Tolerance Only option in the Dim Properties and prefixing the alpha character.

But there has to be an easier way.

Which method did you use, Blue?

tol_on_dim1.PNG

tol_on_dim2.PNG

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

20020913085803.jpg20020913085844.jpg

Thanks Blue. I like that method too. What settings are making your tolerances smaller than the symbol?

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Perhaps the system default. You can try my method.

Thnx Antonius, since i am using dual dimmensioning this solution seems to be the only one. One think which is not very good is that i cannot use "S" to connect the letters with the dimmension ID and family table.

Agreed... ising the "@S" and still allow tolerances to show would be great. This would allow driving dimensions to be shown.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Will you show me with a picture?Thanks

Top Tags