cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

import data doctor

ptc-3115481
1-Newbie

import data doctor

Can someone help?

For the life of me I can't figure out how to select a gap or move vertexes using the new import data doctor in WF4 M100.

I've looked over the PTC online tutorial. I don't have the files that are used in the lesson, but it doesn't look too hard. It just won't let me select anything. Even if I search for gaps it won't show up. I think there must be something simple I'm missing.

I always have to go back to WF3, import the part, zip gaps, move vertexes, whatever, even though it seems the old way is much harder to figure out, at least it works.

Thanks

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Dear David,

The on-line help contains a PDF for IDD. Go to Help: Help Center, then select the link to Tutorials, then the link to 'Getting Started with Import DataDoctor'. Go to page 19. This outlines the process. I think that the problem might be that you have to be in the correct mode before you can find gaps. Make sure the Repair Mode Icon (looks like bobbin and needle) is selected first.

Regards,

Rod
Rod Giles
Senior Design Engineer
Polaris Britain Ltd.

That is correct, and I see the gap selection box light up, select it and
get the gap selection dialog box. However it won't let me select
anything. I'm looking right at a gap. Can't pick the surfaces,
edges.... anything.

But when I go back to WF3 and manually zip gaps I can pick them and
close it right up. Solidify it... No problem.

Thanks,

David Reiser

//HYTECH //
**TOOL & DESIGN CO.**
12076 Edinboro Rd.
Edinboro, PA 165412
phone: (814)734-6000
fax: (814)734-8006

David,

Could it be a selection filter issue or the need to specify the "type" of entity you want to select up in the pull down menus? Just a thought....

Bari
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-3115481)

First try to Detach both surfaces (It will create a new component) and then see if you can select the edges to close the gap. Probably you'll have to activate the newly created component for this to work.
bmozley
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3115481)

Creo Community,

I downloaded a component (terminal) from a supplier and the part comes in as a wire frame model.
How do you make this a solid? See attached.

Brad
Creo 2.0 m090

Brad -

For what it's worth I "solidified" the terminal lug for you and uploaded it. BTW, I have 'railed' (and requested) PTC (seems like forever) to update/improve their IDD documentation and training.

~Mud Dawg

Brad -

What I did to repair the part was first delete the offending surfaces, create a boundary blend, then merge the new and existing surfaces, using IDD.

HTH

~Mud Dawg

Top Tags