cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

inserting component

VanceEngelbrech
1-Newbie

inserting component

When inserting a component into an assembly my component goes to full screen and you can no longer select references from the main assembly. I have tried toggling the tool options in the bottom right. The only thing I can do is close the component window. Is there some setting for this?

It is after you select the component. You can toggle the show component in separate window.

It appears what is happening is if the component is open already and you are in the assembly and you go to insert this item it is reverting to the open component window and making this active instead of opening it in a separate component window.

We are running 3.0. i can't duplicate my issue on another users computer at our office either.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

You can try windows_scale.  I think it controls the size of the menu windows.   Just to clarify you click on the assemble component button on the right then a window opens for you to select the compnent you want to add to the assembly.  Is that right?  Is the open window the one you have a problem with?

No, It is after you select the component. You can toggle the show component in seperate window. This is when it goes full screen per say.

I see my window is small I would send a picture but not able to attach.  I would check the value of the option windows_scale.  I am pretty sure this controls windows size other than the main one.

I am using Wildfire 5.0 & the window pops up to the right.  I can adjust the size of it to whatever I want & the size will maintain even when assebling other components.

It appears what is happening is if the component is open already and you are in the assembly and you go to insert this item it is reverting to the open component window and making this the active window.

I just tried to duplicate that but i still get the little window in the upper corner just below the dashboard.  It seems that I remmeber something similar to this when on 4.0 but it was when I was copying geometry from within an assembly not actually placing the component..  

We are running 3.0. i can't duplicate my issue on another users computer at our office either.

You just need two monitors.

Top Tags