cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

is wildfire rendering multithreaded?

cbstdsgn
1-Newbie

is wildfire rendering multithreaded?

Hi,

I've been using pro/e for quite a number of years. All these years, I've done rendering on other packages, eg rhino (flamingo) , maxwell, etc. A few years back there was some discussion about the multithreaded capabilities of Pro/e, specifically due to the parametric nature of pro/e multithreading was difficult to implement. Multithreading was only implemented on shading operations.

My question is, is the rendering package within pro/e multithreaded? Seems to me that a lot of rendering packagings out there are already multithreaded, and it should not be difficult to implement multithreading on the rendering part of proe. And without multithreading, pro/e simply cannot be seriously considered as a viable rendering tool to use as rendering of even moderately detailed scenes will take too long.

Does anyone know whether this aspect of pro/e has been improved in any significant ways since wildfire 1?

My apologies if this question has been addressed before, as I have searched the exploder without any success..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

ARX is multi-threaded and has been for a while now. It will take advantage of all the cores your machine has available.

In Wildfire 5 there has been a major overhaul of ARX capability with the switch to Mental Ray as the Rendering engine. I would recommend giving it a try.

Paul

Top Tags