cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

issues with coordinate systems

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

issues with coordinate systems

I have more than one operation in my manufacturing file with more than one coordinate system(top and bottom of a part). when I go to put sequences in my second operation with a different coordinate system it always reverts back to the first operation coordinate system and retract plane even if I select the correct coordinate system and retract when I set the sequence up. this is very irritating!!! has anyone else had this problem? What aam I missing here had this problem since WF5.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Steve,

I just figured I would ask I have ran multiple operations doing the same thing your describing and have not had a issue. The only problem I ran into when I first started doing multiple operations was I basically made a bunch of tool paths then tried to input the new operation after I already created the tool paths and it would do similar to what you are describing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Did you change the operation cys? I did not see that in your post that you changed that too.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnelson)

Matt,

I did change the operation csys to a different csys my start part has the first csys as nccsys which would be either the top or the bottom of the part.Then when the part gets flipped in the vise it's a new operation with a new csys that gets named top or bottom depending which side it is. the problem is when I go to the second operation it seems to stick with the nccsys from the start part even though I specify the newly created csys in the setup of the new operation. It must be something I am doing wrong if no one else has this problem. I just can't figure it out.

Hey Steve,

I just figured I would ask I have ran multiple operations doing the same thing your describing and have not had a issue. The only problem I ran into when I first started doing multiple operations was I basically made a bunch of tool paths then tried to input the new operation after I already created the tool paths and it would do similar to what you are describing.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnelson)

Matt,

I came in this morning and went through the program again. For some reason the system was set to my startpart coordinate system. I swiched it to the second operation coordinate system and it worked fine.Yesterday it looked as though the coordinate system was set to the second operation and would not output good code. Some times you just need to step away from it for a while and clear your head to see things that are wrong.

I have done the same thing as you mentioned in your last post where you build seqeunce in the wrong operation, But you can fix that with an edit step references to switch operations rather than deleting them and starting over.

which is where i was yesterday. My last resort would have been to make anew program all by itself for the bottom just to get the job done.

Steve

Glad you figured it out Steve thanks for the info on changing the references on nc sequences instead of deleting them and starting over.

Top Tags