cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

joggle in sheetmetal

ptc-1923492
1-Newbie

joggle in sheetmetal

does anyone know how to make a joggle in sheetmetal?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Dave, Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a "joggle"? Dennis

My thoughts exactly... What'd we ever do before the internet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joggle_bending 3. A joggle is an offset formed to provide for an -overlap of a sheet or angle which is projecting in the same plane. The inside joggle radii should be approximately the same as used for straight bending.

Stephan, If that is the case, and someone here also looked it up on Wikepedia, shouldn't Dave be able to sketch the shape he needs for the "joggle" and extrude it. Dennis

If I understand the sticking point of the question - How can it be done using the sheet-metal module of ProE (vs extruding). Dave - Does your sheet metal part have a stepped flange as shown in the Wikipedia picture on the right? Or is it just a flat piece you are adding the joggle?

Its some time since I did this but a joggle can be achieved by two 90 degree bends. Imagine looking at the sheetmetal from its thinnest edge, first create a 90 degree bend clockwise and then create another 90 degree bend anti-clockwise. The second bend should be created at the edge of the wall radius so that the resulant parallel walls are a metal thickness apart. Hope this helps.

I am not too familiar with the term "joggle" either, but it looks like a user defined wall could be used in this case as well. Create a user defined flange wall and sketch the profile you want to define.

The "Joggle" is a bend on the end of a sheetmetal piece that allows two pieces of sheetmetal to butt together and create an finished overlapping joint.
Top Tags