cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

licence request failed for feature

ptc-5059020
1-Newbie

licence request failed for feature

hi,

this message comes up so i cant use creo.

ptcprob.jpg

not really sure what to do

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i have fixed the problem by enabling my wifi, but i cannot use it when wifi is disabled

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ben,

your license file (the path to the file is mentioned on your picture) contains a code related to network card MAC address A0-A8-CD-29-E7-12. It looks like Creo cannot locate such network card.

Open Command prompt window and enter ipconfig /all command. Then check the command output - try to find Physical Address A0-A8-CD-29-E7-12. The output can contain more than one Physical Address. Show me all of them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

i cannot find A0-A8-CD-29-E7-12, there were 4 physical addresses; ethernet adaptor EC-F4-BB-36-D8-63, tunnel adaptor 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0 and two more the same. could it be because i am using cable instead of wifi?

thanks

ben

Ben,

I think you run into Windows Disable Media Sense feature. By default Windows turns unused network cards off. To disable this default behaviour, you can use the following procedure (I use it in Windows 7).

See also http://social.answers.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/w7desktop/thread/18277955-3F2C-4328-BD87-D3567579B645

To disable Media Sense, please perform the following steps:

1) Click on the Start button.

2) Type cmd in the search bar.

3) Right click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.

4) Run the following commands one by one:

netsh interface ipv4 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

netsh interface ipv6 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

5) After finishing the commands above, please run the following commands to check the results:

netsh interface ipv4 show global

netsh interface ipv6 show global

Please check if the entry “DHCP Media Sense” shows disabled or not. If it is disabled, it means the operations are successful.

Restart PC and check ipconfig /all output again.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

The phycal addresses are still the same

Ben,

can you enter ipconfig /all > ip.txt and publish the contents of ip.txt in this thread ?

if you have two network cards (LAN and wifi) then ipconfig output must contain two different MAC addresses.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Untitled.jpg

i have fixed the problem by enabling my wifi, but i cannot use it when wifi is disabled

You have won !

Martin Hanák

thanks very much for your help and good response

hi sir this is srinu

my creo 3.0 software getting error while opening

showing that licence request failed for feature ?

my softwaregetting like  licence request failed for feature ?

Top Tags