cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

make visible one axis or plan in creo 2.0

UniMaker
4-Participant

make visible one axis or plan in creo 2.0

Hello,

I have been using creo 2.0 for a while at work. Unfortunately, I have used other programm in the past such as CatiaV5, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor,.....

All of them allow the user to make a specific plan or axis visible in a PART or ASM. However, it is apparently not possible to do such a thing on CREO 2.0. It is for me such a basic thing that I just don't want to accept that it hasn't been done.

Does anyone know about this and could help me, please?

Best regards,

Julien

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

There are good reasons why I do not use any of the templates provided by PTC.  They have intelligent layers that take over a lot of basic functions including treating the datum planes and axes as general features.  I start my parts and assemblies with empty parts.  This removes any template layer rules.  Now visibility is in my control, and those few things where I require layers, I can manage myself.  This is done using hide and unhide and is easily seen in the model tree.  The only rub is that you must save the visibility settings in layers.   If you have more than 1 message line visible, Creo will warn you that the layer status was not saved.

Hi,

I think you need to use layers to achieve requested result. Please attach some pictures of your model and describe what exactly you want to do. You can also upload your model using How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Create a layer and place all your axis features on it.  Do the same for planes.  Make sure you are placing the feature on the layer, not the axis or plane entities.  There is a difference.

Create another layer and place the single axis feature or plane feature that you want to see in it.

Hide the first layer and isolate the second.  Isolate is not in the right click menu, you'll find it in the layer drop down menu.

Capture.JPG

You should now only see the single axis or plane that you want.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:dgschaefer)

You can also exclude a feature from a layer in the properties dialog box and change back to included when done.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags