cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

manage repetition holes with setting

rbour
1-Newbie

manage repetition holes with setting

Hello everybody,

First, excuse me for my bad level in English, I am a French, and for misspellings.

My problem is: I create a Table Pattern for extrude 50 cylinders.
The name of the Table is for example: 1234.

I want manage this pattern with a parameter, but I don't know how to do that.

Please Help me !!!

Don't hesitate to ask me more information if you need it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Romain

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rbour)

Hi,

it is possible to switch pattern tables using Family Table functionality. See attached part created in CR2 M070.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

it is possible to switch pattern tables using Family Table functionality. See attached part created in CR2 M070.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi MartinHanak,

Thank you, it is very good but I don't know how can I switch pattern tables after launch?

Romain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I do not understand your question "How can I switch pattern tables after launch?".

You can switch table, when you edit pattern feature.

Inside table_pattern.prt there is family table containing column with table name. This way you can set specific table for specific instance.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi MH,

Thank you for your speed answer.
How can I control two patterns tables with one family table ?
For example: If the first pattern = 1234, I want the second pattern = 1234, etc...

Thank you, and I hope you will understand me.

Romain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if you need to switch tables for one pattern, then open my table_pattern.prt and open its family table.

ft.png

1st instance uses TABLE1

2nd instance uses TABLE2

3rd instance uses TABLE3

If you need to switch tables for two patterns, then you have to create family table containing two columns, 1st column to set table for 1st pattern and 2nd column to set table for 2nd pattern.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Yes I did it, but I would like that when I'm in the generic, and I change the 1st pattern, I would like the 2nd is updated automatically based on the first.

This is my table family.

Thank yours answers, and I hope you will understand me.

Romain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I think you cannot create a relationship between table of 1st pattern and table of 2nd pattern inside Family table. It is up to you to enter table names properly.

Note:

You can use Reference pattern to create 2nd pattern, if it is related to 1st pattern. Round feature on the picture is created as Reference pattern in generic model. When I open instance of my model, round is created properly.

refpattern.png

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags