cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

material remove

ptc-2192405
1-Newbie

material remove

hello,

i create a nc sequence using trajectory, for this nc sequence i create a material remove using sweep and the material still there, anyone knows what happening, attached there's a picture about it, thanks in advance.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Oziel! Kct de agulha!

I know you are using absolute accuracy so this is not the issue... it’s common to have this problem whenever the material removal geometry intersects itself with the workpiece geometry and as result a very tiny edge or geometry is created. As any 3D kernel, Granite (The Pro/E solid kernel) does not like tiny edges (That’s is one of the reasons we have accuracy settings in the software), and since you are using an accuracy of 0.01mm (Absolute), I don´t think you can do very much about messing with the accuracy tolerances to get rid of this problem.

The best option I use in cases like that is to recreate the material removal feature (Sweep. Revolve, whatever…) smoothing the geometries by adding rounds at the sketch intersections so that Pro/E won’t have to deal with sharp edges while creating the material removal feature. This is not a Pro/E fault, it happens with any 3D CAD software. By the way, quite often, this is also the reason why the automatic material removal fails too.

While I was working at your company, I remember that it was very common to have Geometry Checks in the <u>Reference Part</u> model (Menu Info – Geometry Checks) – When working with these parts in Pro/Manufacturing, you often have material removal problems because Geometry Checks are in essence geometries that Pro/E does not understand completely. When you try to intersect material removal features with them, the problems arises. The best practice from the design standpoint is to never release a model containing Geometry Checks. When you model is healthy, the “Geometry Checks” option in the “Info” menu is grayed out.

It´s important to check this at the Reference Part level.

Last but not least, if smoothing the material removal geometries does not help, try to investigate if the reference part model has Geometry Checks, and if so, recreate the material removal feature so that it does not intersects with the region where the geometry check is. If you do not have Geometry Checks in the reference part model, search for tiny edges and deviate your material removal geometry from them too. If you succeed in removing the material, then you need to work in the models to eliminate the tiny edges on that particular region.

Good luck,

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support

GE Oil&Gas

hei Dani,

thanks a lot, your explanation was very helpful, I recreate this feature and it work

Top Tags