cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

modeling spin center

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

modeling spin center

how do i change the spin center to be somewhere on the model instead of out in space?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

I don't how to or even if you can move the spin center once the part is created. But, if you turn the spin center view off the part will spin around where ever you click. That is click to middle mouse button to spin.

thanks, this works well with my space navigator, i just turn off spin center and then click with middle mouse button to rotate and then that seems to activate the center and the navigator acknowledges it and then uses it as the new center.

Check to see if there's a model datum that's located a fair distance from the geometry. I've ran across a model or 3 that had the spin center off in space like was mentioned and discovered that's the cause.

There are also some options under View>Orientation>Reorient. A dialog box comes up, select preferences from the drop down and you can reposition the spin center if you need or want to. It's limited so you may not be able to get what you want.

View > Orientation > Reorient > Preferences (from the Type pull-down) Now you can choose: Model Center Screen Center Point or Vertex Edge or Axis Co-ordinate System
Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:ChrisVanHoeck)

Hold down the <ALT> key move cursor over node on model hold down middle buttom mouse and rotate for localised operation.

You can set the spin center in the Orientation dialog.

that doesn't stick session to session though correct?

I don't htink so. It would be nice to lock a spin center permanently. And to select it as the default view center for drawings while we're at it

TomD.inPDX‌, I have "Model Center" set and it sticks session to session but it doesn't work on an assembly, only parts. Using my 3D mouse, the assembly still spins around a point in space somewhere, even though I have Spin Center turned off by default in my config.pro. Once I MMB click on the assembly and rotate a bit, my 3D mouse will use that center. Is there a way to get an assembly to spin around it's collective center by default like parts do?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:lroose)

I haven't found a way to keep it fixed, but when you turn off the spin center, your method is the only one.

When the spin center is shown, you can use the Orientation UI to set the spin center. Go to Preferences and select your spin center options.

I don't know if Creo 3.0 has any new capabilities in this regard.

Top Tags