Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no 3D sweep til Creo 4.0 M020..

Re: no 3D sweep til Creo 4.0 M020..

i have a feeling..they don't want to compete with the rivals...i mean they could have released it with M030,M040...etc..but directly next release its painful.

Hasn't PTC said that no major functionality changes will be released with M-versions.

This could be enough of a change that it would have made build interoperability not work due to data structure changes needed within the Creo part file. If it is, then their experimenting should have seen this issue before they announced a Creo4 M020 anticipated release.

Refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS251133, 3D sweep will added into Creo 5.0, plan for Creo 4.0 is removed

...which means Creo 2020.  ...or whatever it will be called by then.

They will have to patch this functionality just like SW did.  Should have better results, though.

is this out in Creo 5.0 yet?

but not the milling version??? only helical

Highlighted

Nope.  Still working on it.  Maybe Creo 6 or 7.

well that is a far cry from Creo 4.........sad

not even basic end mills, flats, bull and ball and tapered? I can understand for form tools. 

this functionality has been needed for a long time. 

At least there is now hope they are actually going to get there. I don't often need 3d solid body sweeps, but when I do, it sure is a heck of a task to make something that is reasonable, especially if the expectation is to use the model for manufacturing.

Stephen Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)