cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

offset plane default settings

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

offset plane default settings

Everytime when I add a offset plane in Creo 2.0, using a datum plane and a line/point, it will start with an offset rotation angle.

99% of the time I just want a parallel offset. Is there a way to make this default?

Clipboard01.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
RonSt.Pierre
11-Garnet
(To:bp)

Perhaps being just a bit anal...

Why not skip the step of the line generation and just do the offset from the right plane at the distance of your line?

anyway...

I would guess, by selecting a plane, it assumes a plane and I would surmise selecting a point/axis/line it assumes a rotation angle.

personally, I like it that way.

but that might be me being anal

ron

I've run into this as well - the axis choice is because that provides the datum location; there should be no dimension  associated with the datum.

Top Tags