cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

pipeline parameter: oper. pressure - how to use?

kbittermann
3-Visitor

pipeline parameter: oper. pressure - how to use?

Hi all,

When creating a pipeline it's possible to insert pipeline parameters: operating pressure, operating temperature, design pressure and design temperature.

Where is it possible to see these parameters after creating the pipeline?

The parameter oper. pressure is also available in the family table of our fittings. Is there a way, that when inserting a fitting it’s only possible to insert those who have the same or a greater oper. pressure than the oper. pressure of the pipe?

Thanks for your help,

Klara

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi kalara

If your using spec driven then all possible, you have to work on with pipe data file and valves family table.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

Hi Viswanathan,

thanks for your answer.

Where do i find the oper. pressure in the pipe data file?

Regards,

Klara

Hi Klara Bittermann

While you create piping data file, You have to create those operating pressure and temperature in user defined parameters.

I hope you have understand.

Thanks & Regards

Viswanathan.k

Hi Viswanathan,

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean.

Do you mean with the piping data file the .ptd-file (with: "sch_rate", "size", "end_type") or do you mean when I create a pipeline (see screenshot).

2013-07-08_074020.gif

If you mean the second one: how do I use these parameters?

As I tried to explain at the beginning I want to use this oper. pressure to define which fittings I'm allowed to insert. Could you give me an example how I could realize this problem?

Regards

Klara

Hi Klara

I understood your problem, I just giving you suggesttion.

Am not sure just add a parameter (opr.Pressure) in all valves, and modify .ptd file (with: "sch_rate", "size", "end_type","opr_pressure")

If you created valves using family table? Just insert parameter into family table and modify

I hope it will be solution.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks again for your answer.

But I still need your help concerning this problem.

I've tried to modify the ptd file and put the oper.Pressure into it. Is there a way to see/select this parameter (e.g. when inserting it into the auto-selection file)?

I am using family tables for my fittings and I put the parameter oper.Pressure into it. When I create a pipeline I write the value e.g. 420 into the parameter oper. Pressure (into the input field on the screenshot I sent you before). Now I want to insert fittings, but only those which have an oper.Pressure that is greater or equal as the value (420). Do you know if that is possible and could you tell me what I have to do to get it working? Do I have to add Relations or something like this?

Thanks and Regards

Klara

hi Klara Bittermann

Let me check and find any idea, then if you find any solution don't forget to share please.

Thanks & regards

Viswanathan.K

Top Tags