cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

pro-e crashes and not allow me to open last versioned file!!

pedgar
1-Newbie

pro-e crashes and not allow me to open last versioned file!!

Hello and thank you for your attention. This is not the first time i have this issue... it usually happens to me whenever i work in a complex model (maybe a car engine body or motorcycle engine bodies)... The problem is like this: i`m working with a file and suddenly, because of a regeneration or a missing feature or whatever, the program crashes. I just open pro-e again, and try to open the same file... and again, it crashes again. I can do this several times, until i open a versioned file... up to 5 versions older than the last file i was working in!! this is really frustating... sometimes i lost a lot of time, hours of modelling job...because of this error. And there is more: sometimes (only in a few cases) if i open the last version but in geometry representation, i`m able to do it, and then change the representation to master... sometimes i don`t and the program crashes again... I other situations i can load the file in an cnc file, and open it with right clic "open base" command... and it works... but again... not always. sometimes it crashes, the same way., So, sorry for the extension of the explanation... but its not easy to explain what actually happens without a good descrption of the issue. I think is kind of an issue with some feature, or missing references...but instead of showing an information error window, it just crashes. I need assistance from the best people in this forum, cause i assume this is not a common issue. Thank you very much!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

"Perez Edgar" wrote:

<clipped> I need assistance from the best people in this forum, cause i assume this is not a common issue. Thank you very much!

I don't think this looks like an easy issue to work through. Trying to remake features or check the model tree can be as hard and difficult as it gets. What basis should you consider to remake a feature, assembly or sketch? What are your current conditions that apparently are wrong, and may be the reason for your program crash? In my personal opinion those question are not easy to answer nor to solve. Ii is common to read through this forums that there are many ways to achieve a same task getting a result, some more efficient, but eventually they are all possible to use, therefore there are some right and some wrong. I believe it goes deep into the very way pro/e works. Memory use, hardware requirements, network configuration, firewall, drivers, etc. You should run through all of this under the guidance of a call support from ptc, hoping you have an updated maintenance in order to do so. I’ve ran into an issue like this, and after 3 years we are still finding a solution ourselves (check the Premature Exit, The sum of all fears post) Best of luck

"Claudio Stammitti" wrote:

...check the Premature Exit, The sum of all fears post

Top Tags