cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

"CE/Pro"

jschmehl
1-Newbie

"CE/Pro"

Wow, these software names are kinda getting long. Soon it'll take on a sponsor and be known as:

The Diet Caffeine-free Cherry Coca-Cola Creo® Molecular Elements/Pro-fessional Associative Modeling and more software....version X-5001 cubed....3D...no, no, no 4D!

Can we just call it "CE/Pro"?

Will PTC send me new CE/Pro pens, shirts, mouse pads and what about new splash screens!

Jamie Schmehl
Tool Designer
Synthes USA - West Chester, PA
610-719-1428

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Keep hold of your Pro/E pens, shirts, mouse pads, etc.
They just became COLLECTABLE...

You forgot to add...

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

😕

In Reply to James Schmehl:

Wow, these software names are kinda getting long. Soon it'll take on a sponsor and be known as:

The Diet Caffeine-free Cherry Coca-Cola Creo® Molecular Elements/Pro-fessional Associative Modeling and more software....version X-5001 cubed....3D...no, no, no 4D!

Can we just call it "CE/Pro"?

Will PTC send me new CE/Pro pens, shirts, mouse pads and what about new splash screens!

Jamie Schmehl
Tool Designer
Synthes USA - West Chester, PA
610-719-1428

I think I know what CREO means. Being that PTC is just mashing everything together and spooning it into us.

Crap Retained in Every Orifice

Is there anything new here? Or is this just marketing re-branding the
same product in response to eroding market share?

On 10/29/10 09:56 AM, Curtis Odom wrote:
> Is there anything new here? Or is this just marketing re-branding the
> same product in response to eroding market share?

It looks like the created a common model from which to base off the three separate modules/apps so Pro-e and Cocreate can be used interchangeably. So basically it's the same programs and functionality, just merged together to offer more options for charging money. They (PTC) see it as expanding user base, they want us to see it as we can do anything (as long as we pay), there are no barriers, they are the fist CAD manufacturer to offer a mature product where there can be no more major upgrades, were at the final product.

I think with this version, it's an only Windows platform. I haven't seen any computer requirements yet, but there was the note in the "Hardware Notes - Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 and Creo Elements/Pro 5.0" document that says "There are currently no plans to support Creo 1.0 on Sun Solaris 10". Solaris (X86) was the last Unix platform supported.

So maybe this will make a lot of people happy, they will really interface the ribbon. I'm not too happy that I may have to change to Windows, I really don't operation systems that assumes what I need to do next (always wrong) and have annoying pop-up messages about security and updates. But that's me.

Back to Creo(sote), I hope this time they don't release it until the UI is complete and stable. At least this time they can have a different UI for an upgrade because they are re-naming (branding) Pro-e, basically a major upgrade, so their allowed this time. We shouldn't gripe about how different it is, only if there's any lost functionality.

My maintenance ended in September, so I'm at WF5 m050. I probably won't renew until Creo 2.0 is released. There's no rush for Creo 1.0, I need to see how everything pans out.

Paul

--

Paul Gress
President
Rad Electronics Inc.
3122 Expressway Drive South
Islandia, NY 11749
(631) 243-7707
(631) 243-7708 Fax
www.rad-electronics.com
Top Tags