Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radial bend

radial bend

Is there a way to take a flat circular disc shape and bend it to fit over a mating part?? Kinda like making a lid out of it. I tried using the torodial bend feature but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a radial type bend. Something where I don't have to do a revolve and figure out the length of each segment to add up to the OD of the disc. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

RE: radial bend

If there's a thickness to the disk, either the inside or the outside will distort in length. You can try a spinal bend, but what might work best for you is to "wrap" (not project) a circular curve around a cylindrical surface, trim that via the curve, then thicken it.

Re: radial bend

"Brian Stoddard" wrote:

Is there a way to take a flat circular disc shape and bend it to fit over a mating part?? Kinda like making a lid out of it. I tried using the torodial bend feature but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a radial type bend. Something where I don't have to do a revolve and figure out the length of each segment to add up to the OD of the disc. Thanks.

Re: radial bend

"Brian Stoddard" wrote: