cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

recycling symbol

nrollins
1-Newbie

recycling symbol

Hello folks...

I am trying to get a recycling symbol into the 3D model of a plastic part. As I struggle to get the size right, I am asking myself if it is something that should simply be handled in the drawing and not on the 3D model... 2D symbols are so much more friendly in terms of scaling.

I would like to get the thing in the 3D, but see that it could be really challenging in terms of sketcher complexity.

Any comments / tips?

Thanks,

-Nate

5 REPLIES 5
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:nrollins)

I have done it 3 ways; 3D in the model, a 2D cosmetic in the model & 2D on the drawing. I think the 2D cosmetic feature is the best, light weight but still tied to the model rather than just in the drawing. That way is can show up or not in assembly drawings as you want it. A full sketch is pretty hairy so I have recently been drawing one arrow and patterning it around an axis to get the full logo. You can get the pattern here:

http://www.plasticsindustry.org/AboutPlastics/content.cfm?ItemNumber=825&navItemNumber=1124

In Reply to Nathan Rollins:

Hello folks...

I am trying to get a recycling symbol into the 3D model of a plastic part. As I struggle to get the size right, I am asking myself if it is something that should simply be handled in the drawing and not on the 3D model... 2D symbols are so much more friendly in terms of scaling.

I would like to get the thing in the 3D, but see that it could be really challenging in terms of sketcher complexity.

Any comments / tips?

Thanks,

-Nate

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member
(To:dgallup)

Hi,

I design many plastic parts and wonder if anyone has produced a 3D symbol as a .prt?

Hi, I'm looking for a recycling symbol (see att.) Much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Calvin

You ask and you shall receive....Thanks to those who sent me the recycling symbol, you guys are the greatest!

Best Regards,

Calvin

Several people are also asking for a copy of this symbol. Attached is what I have received....Enjoy!

Regards,

Calvin
Top Tags