cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ref pattern fail - creo2 m110

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

ref pattern fail - creo2 m110

The second pattern is a reference of the first.

patt-fail.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

You are using a reference that is not able to pattern in the direction you selected.

I added a plane specific for the sketch (internal) and I added a sketch centerline for rotation. This corrected the reference pattern.

Creo 2.0 attached (M040)

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I would still think the the reference should work, especially since I can successfully pattern with the same steps as the first pattern. In theory the reference being those same steps.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Reference patterns are very particular. Half the time they fail and I just re-use the previous transformation instead. In your case, there was something it couldn't re-reference to the sideways location.

If you want a more clear explanation, feel free to involve customer support.

Actually, the entire pattern generation technique tends to be somewhat esoteric from a layman's perspective. I still deal with some serious bugs in the M040 release that are much more problematic.

Top Tags