Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regeneration of model

regeneration of model

Hi,

Is there any setting in creo 2.0 so that whenever i regenerate the model the instances also get regenerated. At present i have to either regenerate the instances individually or verify them in the family table. so that time consumed in regeneration is reduced.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Re: regeneration of model

There is a list of config options. Please download the Creo 2.0 config options pdf. Or send me a mail, I can forward it. Crenzema@plmcad.usgengineering.nl

If you save the model, it will query if you want to verify the instances.

hi,

i am facing same type of problem i have this family table in which i have to open each instance get weight of each component. if at all i change the generic part same procedure has to be followed to get updated weight.

1.JPG

is there any eazier way

Regards

samuel

Well, it does have to regen the model to calculate mass. Don't think you're going to be able to skip that step.

There was a tip that does MP calculation post regenration. I am not sure if this helps the regen process or not.

post_regen.png

...if it did it post-regeneration, wouldn't that force the regen first?

I have no clue as to the logic within regen and familty tables... or even the mass properties.

All I know is that all too often, I am regenerating more than I should to get the right results.

... and then you do it a couple more times just to make sure....